NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I just paid $38 for an answer that did not work - help. My

Customer Question

I just paid $38 for an answer that did not work - help. My question was how to set Internet Explorer as my default browser in Windows 10. The problem is that Internet Explorer does not come up along with Edge, Chrome, etc. and I cannot get Internet Explorer to download. I can see it with Windows File Explorer, I can create a short cut but if I "open" Internet Explorer, Windows10 changes it to Edge. I cannot uninstall Edge as Windows10 will not allow it. I want my $38 back!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

Hi Warren. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you ar ehaving this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 19 days ago.

This is the only question that I see for you, but if you are sure that it was this site that charged you, perhaps it under a different account. As an independent contractor I do not have access to billing information, but I can provide the I contact information for customer service so you can contact them and request a refund for the original question.

email -***@******.***

Phone and chat options available at

I will do my best to resolve the problem with Internet Explorer and Windows 10. I have verified on my windows 10 machine that I have Internet Explorer available to me as a choice. You may need to uninstall Internet Explorer, reboot your machine, and then reinstall it, if it isn't showing up as a choice when setting the default browser.

If you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here. A SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION is usually $39, but since you've had a less than ideal experience thus far, I would be willing to offer it for half of the usual price. If you'd like to do that just let me know. Otherwise, please try uninstalling Internet Explorer, rebooting, and installing again. Please keep me posted.