NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I’m having a problem with the “Set Print Area” function

Customer Question

I’m having a problem with the “Set Print Area” function under “Page Layout”.
I think I have accidentally hit some parameter and can’t figure out what.
When I highlight a group of cells to print and hit the “Set Print Area” the system displays my highlighted area AND over lays it with a “Ghost Image” of the same cells, but the Ghost cells appear to have a row height about 3 times the original. When I do the actual print, things look to print OK.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. For best understanding. I would ask you to provide a screenshot giving the details of your actual question and error message. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have attached a print of the screen before hitting the print area and an after, and the test Excel sheet. See if this helps.
Also, this happens to each of my spreadsheets, not just this test one.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

As shown in the screenshot attached, I set the print area to the given area. I can't see any ghost image there.

BTW, do you really mean the lines under $30.30 and 1515??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. On my screen I see the regular lines and the sum of the two columns. Then the whole thing repeats itself on down the page with, what appears to be a, row height of 30 or 40. I'll try to attach a .doc image of what I see.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Just moved from Mac to PC and used Excel 2013 to open your workbook again, the exact same result as what I saw with Excel for Mac. I can't produce the same thing shown in your DOC file.

Now I would suggest a Secure Remote Assistance session to fix the issue remotely on your computer, efficient and direct, otherwise it might be taking too long time to guess and try.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for requesting remote assistance, but the payment was failed. I can try request the same thing from my side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I've tried twice to "take you up on your $39" offer for a remote tech support, but keep getting an response to update my account information. It's complete and accurate. Why not just give me a call at **************?

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Posting contact number and/or providing remote assistace without request and payment is a violation to the site policy. I am really sorry about it. Please simply accept my offer to start. Thanks.