bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I received a spreadsheet and I am trying to determine how

Customer Question

I received a spreadsheet and I am trying to determine how they calculated a % of completion rate. All that is present is a bar graph.
The formula is this
='Implemented Data'!$A$1:$A$12,'Implemented Data'!$E$1:$G$12
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Basically, there is no calculation in the given formula, it is just a reference to ranges in another worksheet named "Implemented Data".

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Therefore you need to check the worksheet "Implemented Data" for the particular formula, if the given ranges there are not another reference.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

FYI - Create or change a cell reference

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-or-change-a-cell-reference-c7b8b95d-c594-4488-947e-c835903cebaa

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Does it make sense for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Bing, This is what I thought. The part I'm confused about is the fact I do not have a worksheet titled "Implemented"
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

BTW, if the given worksheet can't be found by default, I think your Excel will prompt a File dialogue box to ask you locate the particular worksheet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure what you are referencing when you say a File dialogue box will appear. Are you saying that they actually are pulling the data for the calculation from another workbook?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Basically, yes. they are references to data source.

As shown in the attached screenshot of the "Total Open" sheet in your workbook, see the formula line, they are references to ranges in the same worksheet, specifically from a pivot table giving the data source. I believe it may well explain what I mean. :)

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Probably the highlighted version can explain that better, see below. Just hope it helps.

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else that I could help with please?