NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

What would the formula be please if I wanted to look at cell

Customer Question

What would the formula be please if I wanted to look at cell G16 and ascertain if it fell between 1 Apr 16 and 31 Mar 17 and then annotate cell with Y17; then if between 1 Apr 17 - 13 May 18 = FY18 and then 1 Apr 18 onwards = FY19+
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Please elaborate a little further. What do you mean by annotate cell with Y17? Are you saying that the formula should display the content of Y17? And what are these FY18 and FY19+?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Annotate the cell with FY17 (I missed the F off sorry) = make the cell have the text "FY17"FY stands for Financial Year so basically I need to look at the date in one cell and determine which financial year it sits in and annotate the appropriate cell with that detail. Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please send me a sample of your Excel file so that I can directly enter the needed formula there? You can use the Add Files button to attach a sample excel file.