OUTLOOK LIVE 2010 - INSTRUCTIONS
EMAIL & CALENDAR MANAGEMENT
Start and quit Outlook
Compose, address, and send an e- mail message
Check spelling as you type an e- mail message
Attach a fi le to an outgoing e- mail message
Create an e- mail folder
Move and copy received e- mail messages to a folder
Creating a calendar
Enter, save, move, edit and delete appointments
Set the status of and a reminder for an appointment
Create and edit events
Create and edit meetings and respond to meeting requests
Share a calendar
You are to send an e-mail message addressed to selected customers of Hickory Ridge Day Care for Pets who might be interested in boarding their pets. You will also attach a file named Day Care for Pets Flyer. Next you will create a calendar of events for the Day Care and share it.
PART 1 - SEND AN E-MAIL MESSAGE WITH ATTACHMENT
Instructions: You are to send an e-mail message addressed to selected customers of Hickory Ridge Day Care for Pets who might be interested in boarding their pets. You will also attach a file. Day Care for Pets Flyer (download this file to your computer for later use)
Perform the following tasks:
1. Log into www.live.com, go to Mail (Outlook)
2. Create a new e-mail message addressed to your instructor.
3. Enter Hickory Ridge Day Care for pets Bulletin as the subject.
4. Enter Greetings Pet Owners, as the greeting line, checking spelling as you type.
5. Insert a blank line, and then enter the following message, checking spelling as you type:
Hickory Ridge Day Care for pets would like to acquaint you with our newly upgraded facility. We have expanded our facilities to include a climate controlled playroom and a security system to monitor our facility 24/7. Please stop by with your pet any time between 7 am and 5 pm for a visit. We would love to see you and your pet.
6. Insert a blank line. Enter your name as the signature.
7. Attach the Day Care for Pets Flyer file to the e-mail message.
8. Send the email to your instructor.
PART II –CREATING A PERSONAL CALENDAR
Perform the following tasks:
1. Log into www.live.com, go to Calendar
2. On the menu bar, Add a New Calendar called Hickory Ridge
(Hint: to filter your calendar, click the Settings button, top right and select the calendar you wish to view)
3. Enter events in the calendar using the information listed in Table 2-9 below
4. Share the A-1 Hardware calendar with your instructor.
Set the sharing permission to: ***** *****
Table 2-9 Calendar Appointments Information
Event Description Location
(Where) Date Time Show As
(Availability) Reminder Recurrence
Staff Meeting Lunchroom Every Monday from March 12, 2013- June 12, 2013 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Busy 30 minutes Weekly, end by June 12, 2013
Prepare Winter Closeout Sale Manager’s Office March 3, 2013 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Busy 10 minutes None
Enter Payroll Manager’s Office Start March 8, 2013, every Thursday 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Busy 15 minutes Every two weeks, no end date
Kelly & Megan’s birthday None March 19, 2013 All-day event Free None Yearly
Parents Anniversary None March 14, 2013 All-day event Free 1 day Yearly
Conference call with Liz and Greg March 20, 2013 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Tentative 15 minutes None
Meet with pet care supplier March 21, 2013 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Out of office 30 minutes None
Lunch with Beth March 31, 2013 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Out of office 15 minutes None