NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Give an example of how you, as a student, would personally

Customer Question

Give an example of how you, as a student, would personally use each of these features: send and receive e-mail, schedule events and meetings, store contact information, create to-do lists, record information about interactions with contacts, create reminders, and subscribe to online content feeds.
Under what circumstances would you use each of these features: the Bcc (blind carbon copy) feature, the ability to set the importance of a message feature, and the ability to change the formatting of a message (font, size, and color) feature?
What are some of the challenges for using an electronic calendar such as Outlook Calendar and how can they be overcome?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your questions today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

i posted the wrong question ?

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

I an reviewing your above question. What's the actual question do you want to post?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

OUTLOOK LIVE 2010 - INSTRUCTIONS
EMAIL & CALENDAR MANAGEMENT
SKILLS

EMAIL
 Start and quit Outlook
 Compose, address, and send an e- mail message
 Check spelling as you type an e- mail message
 Attach a fi le to an outgoing e- mail message
 Create an e- mail folder
 Move and copy received e- mail messages to a folder
CALENDAR
 Creating a calendar
 Enter, save, move, edit and delete appointments
 Set the status of and a reminder for an appointment
 Create and edit events
 Create and edit meetings and respond to meeting requests
 Share a calendar

PROJECT OVERVIEW
You are to send an e-mail message addressed to selected customers of Hickory Ridge Day Care for Pets who might be interested in boarding their pets. You will also attach a file named Day Care for Pets Flyer. Next you will create a calendar of events for the Day Care and share it.
INSTRUCTIONS

PART 1 - SEND AN E-MAIL MESSAGE WITH ATTACHMENT

Instructions: You are to send an e-mail message addressed to selected customers of Hickory Ridge Day Care for Pets who might be interested in boarding their pets. You will also attach a file. Day Care for Pets Flyer (download this file to your computer for later use)

Perform the following tasks:
1. Log into www.live.com, go to Mail (Outlook)
2. Create a new e-mail message addressed to your instructor.
3. Enter Hickory Ridge Day Care for pets Bulletin as the subject.
4. Enter Greetings Pet Owners, as the greeting line, checking spelling as you type.
5. Insert a blank line, and then enter the following message, checking spelling as you type:

Hickory Ridge Day Care for pets would like to acquaint you with our newly upgraded facility. We have expanded our facilities to include a climate controlled playroom and a security system to monitor our facility 24/7. Please stop by with your pet any time between 7 am and 5 pm for a visit. We would love to see you and your pet.

6. Insert a blank line. Enter your name as the signature.
7. Attach the Day Care for Pets Flyer file to the e-mail message.
8. Send the email to your instructor.

PART II –CREATING A PERSONAL CALENDAR

Perform the following tasks:
1. Log into www.live.com, go to Calendar
2. On the menu bar, Add a New Calendar called Hickory Ridge
(Hint: to filter your calendar, click the Settings button, top right and select the calendar you wish to view)

3. Enter events in the calendar using the information listed in Table 2-9 below
4. Share the A-1 Hardware calendar with your instructor.
Set the sharing permission to: ***** *****

Table 2-9 Calendar Appointments Information
Event Description Location
(Where) Date Time Show As
(Availability) Reminder Recurrence
Staff Meeting Lunchroom Every Monday from March 12, 2013- June 12, 2013 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Busy 30 minutes Weekly, end by June 12, 2013
Prepare Winter Closeout Sale Manager’s Office March 3, 2013 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Busy 10 minutes None
Enter Payroll Manager’s Office Start March 8, 2013, every Thursday 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Busy 15 minutes Every two weeks, no end date
Kelly & Megan’s birthday None March 19, 2013 All-day event Free None Yearly
Parents Anniversary None March 14, 2013 All-day event Free 1 day Yearly
Conference call with Liz and Greg March 20, 2013 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Tentative 15 minutes None
Meet with pet care supplier March 21, 2013 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Out of office 30 minutes None
Lunch with Beth March 31, 2013 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Out of office 15 minutes None

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

So what's your actual question then? Are you doing a homework?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

yes

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

So how do you provide the answer? It seems to be something that must be done using your computer, not something that can be answered in writing from here as it basically doesn't make sense.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

it should be done in outlook

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

Correct, it should be done in outlook on your own computer. Therefore, a remote assistance session is required. Would you like me to send you a request so I could remotely help you finish the project on your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

yes

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

OK, please tell me the right time for you to do the remote session. I now send you the offer. please accept then advise the time and contact number. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

that is OK i don't need these any more . can you work in this questions?

1- According to netiquette (which is short for Internet etiquette — the code of acceptable behavior for Internet users), e-mail messages should be kept short. In a simple e-mail message, it may not be possible to communicate all of the required information to the recipient. In those cases, sending an attached file would be better. What are some instances where this may be true?

2-True or false: If it is on the internet it must be true. Explain your answer. If you answered "false," how can you determine which information is credible and which is not? Finally, where can you find good quality references for you classroom research?

3-Imagine 3 situations (work, school or home) where it would be helpful to add sound, animation, or a movie clip to a PowerPoint presentation. Pick your favorite example and share it with the class.

Expert:  bbao replied 4 months ago.

1 - False. Email attachment is not for communicate further while keeping the email body itself short, it is for sharing documents and images which are commonly in various file formats.

2 - False. Internet just extends people's life into a virtual space in which global people have new efficient ways to communicate with each other, but the traditional characteristics and principles for human communities do still apply. A website with trusted certificates applied can be consider an accountable source for itself, though it doesn't mean its info must be true. Like you know someone and what the person says, but doesn't necessarily mean everything the person says is true for other people. What you can be sure is, it is the person's true opinion. For academic research, Google Scholar can be used to find good quality papers. For general research, Wikipedia can be used for classroom research for its rich content and up to date.

3 - I don't understand the context and what to do for the three situations, hence I can't simply answer it. Please clarify.