NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I completed a document and then another document and somehow

Customer Question

I completed a document and then another document and somehow the second document was saved but also the content saved in the first document and I want to revert the first document back to its original state.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of. I looked at previous version and there wasn't an option to choose
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Would you consider allowing me to remotely connect to your computer to work on this for you while you watch? I should be able to very quickly and easily fix this for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7644d332-8e9d-48a0-b4dd-769ba0e80704

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry that I was unable to assist. I know that you are under time constraints so I am going to opt out and open your question to other experts who may be able to help. You won't be charged twice, and you will be notified via email or text (depending on how you are accessing the service) when another expert begins to work on your question.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

This is Bing, let me contribute my two cents.

Technically, since Windows 7, Windows supports File History feature, if enabled, which automatically keeps document changes and lets user restore to the previous versions. If your Windows has this feature enabled, you should be to get your previous version even though the current one has been overwritten.

Check below link for what it is and how to do.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974385/windows/how-to-use-windows-10s-file-history-backup-feature.html