NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

Needing help to pull data from an Excel report into a word

Customer Question

Needing help to pull data from an Excel report into a word document. Basically to create a pull ticket for PTA spirit wear order fulfillment. The spreadsheet contains columns of merchandise with the style & size in the header row. Only the quantity is in the cells. I only want the items with a quantity to show up in the document & if there's a quantity, include the header to indicate size.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I used Mail Merge Manager in Word to pull in the Excel cell headers that could contain quantities. Cells that are 0 are actually blank so only those with a # will pull through. What I need to see is if I can somehow add if there is a quantity, it also adds the heading title.
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Could you please attache the your excel file and some sample output file.I will try to pull the way you want.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
here's the spreadsheet I'm pulling the data from along with a sample of the report we did last year. I have the word doc set up to do this, but don't want to include the items that are not part of the order. We have 12 items, but most only purchased a couple of things. I only want their ordered product to show up on their packing ticket.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
for some reason it won't let me attach the word doc saying it's too large so I've included a screen shot of how I have it set up. Right now, these would show each of the 12 item headings regardless if they ordered. Last time, I had to go into the spreadsheet to include the size in each cell that contained a qty. Surely there has to be a better way!