Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I try to change a text in my publisher file. I go to the

Customer Question

I try to change a text in my publisher file. I go to the text and my cousor
always goes to the upper left corner of the drawing.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

I would like to SEE what you are describing in action.

Can you take some screen shots, or a small video of yoru screen?

Or the best way is t use a remote session.

.

Or, if you prefer, i can work with the file, and make the necessary changes on my end, and then send it back to you.

Its really up to you.

Depending on the type of file format......text in an image file are not editable.

But, again i would need to know more, before concluding anything.

If this is a .pub file format, then you would need to have Microsoft Publisher to be able to EDIT the file for what you are trying to change.

But if this is in a .pdf or .html file format, then you are only able to VIEW or PRINT the file....no editing allowed.

.

So again, it depends on what the file format actually is, and what program you are using.

if this is in a .txt file format (normally just ASCII text) you can edit the file, but this can be tricky, as some elements may not be carried over to a .txt file during the conversion.

So its always best to EDIT a publisher file in its original format (.pub) using Microsoft Publisher.