NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am looking for a Google sheets spreadsheet formula to

Customer Question

I am looking for a Google sheets spreadsheet formula to pulls data from 2 different cells and includes it with other text. I am told that my MS Excel spreadsheet formulas should work, but I must be doing something.cell B2: CITY
cell C2: STATEI would like a formula for a cell that displays the following output:
Output: This is my text for CITY and STATEI have used concatenate formulas in the past to do this, but I must be doing something wrong. Help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  George Sibiya replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

Are the CITY and STATE cells on the same row as the Output cell?

Regards,

G

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, the value "CITY" is is value in cell B2. The value "STATE" is is value in cell C2. Make sense?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
screenshot attached

Thanks, ***** ***** that B2 and C2 are on the same row, I just need clarity on, where would you like you output to be? Would it be in D2 or somewhere else on the sheet such as say D50?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The formula will be in cell c80, but what does that matter? I've never encountered a formula when its location mattered much. But your the expert... I'll shut up. :)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want the output to be in the cell in which the formula is located. This is a must have because I need to leverage it in several locations... so my assumption is that this formula is in cell c80 and displaying the results in cell c80

Ok. Thanks for the information, let me see if I can do it within 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cool beans, thanks

I think I will need more time I'll opt out for now

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I have a great deal of experience programming Excel and VBA macros. Can I help you with this? Is it possible to provide just a bit more detail about exactly what you want the spreadsheet to be doing? I have looked at your screen capture, and I'm still not sure precisely what you want. Thank you for your perseverance and, I suppose, drudgery :-)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Simply put, I need a formula for cell c80 that renders the text "This is my text for CITY and STATE" using the values found in cell B2 & C2.You'll likely need to use the =CONCATENATE and SUBSTITUTE formula command.See the screenshot of what the output should be. Hope this helps. :)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never mind, I was able to figure out the formula for myself. You can close out this request. Thanks