NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

My computer hard drive went out !! I need to recover my

Customer Question

my computer hard drive went out !! I need to recover my microsoft office account
emails***@******.*** ***@******.***
Richard flynn
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi Richard, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Did you buy your MS Office online?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I purchased my Microsoft office account from Best Buy in huntington wv
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Oh ok. Did you get a DVD installer when you bought it? What version of MS Office use?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I purchased the newest version approx 90 days Ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know the version #
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Do you want to retrieve your Product Key for the MS Office programs you installed in the old disk? Or did you already buy a new copy of MS Office recently?

By version, I was referring to something like Office 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need my Microsoft office account number
Presumably 2016
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you work for Microsoft ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Account number? Or are you referring to your Microsoft account? You posted 2 email accounts, let me check them for you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
I need the info that would allow me to access and enable the installation of Microsoft office on my new computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

There are no Microsoft accounts associated with the 2 email accounts you posted. Are you trying to recover the account you used to for the MS Office that you bought 90 days ago?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the actual account information that you require while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you can't find my account I think the easiest thing is to buy another office account
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

You mentioned that you bought the newest version approximately 90 days ago. Is that the account that you want to recover?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the version I bought is the one I want recover
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

If you bought the most recent version of MS Office, then you might have a card where you can get the instructions where to download the program. The card also has a code to allow you to download it online. Did you get such card when you bought it in a store?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am uncertain where the card is and didn't realize its importance at the time !! Can you get my account info ??
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, that card contains the information that you need in order to download, install and create the needed Microsoft account. One last thing please, you are saying that you have NOT installed the MS Office that you bought approximately 90 days ago? Or you already installed it and the old hard disk drive died?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Installed in old computer And now want to install it in new computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Richard,

Please allow me to explain further in order to understand few things here. You already installed MS Office, the one you bought 90 days ago, and the drive died, and you want to install it in the new computer or a new drive.

You bought it locally but the store has no record of your account.

If what you bought (the one that you want to reinstall) was Office 2013 or 2016, and you did not receive a DVD installer when you bought it in a local store, it means that you must have created a Microsoft account to download, install and subscribe to MS Office.

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover your account information if you do not have the Key Card that was given to you when you bought it locally, or if you cannot remember the email account associated with your Microsoft.

Do you have any other email accounts there besides the 2 that you already posted? I can check them for you if you can recall other emails you might be using.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It would have to be one of these three
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the list, please let me check this for you. Give me a moment.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, there is no Microsoft account associated with any of the 3 emails you listed. Do you use other emails like Yahoo Mail? Gmail? Aol? Hotmail?