NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I don't think you understand my question. When I open a file

Customer Question

I don't think you understand my question. When I open a file on my phone with word on my phone, a file that I've downloaded to my phone, it only opens to read-only. I need to be able to edit these docs on my phone. How do I get out of that read only problem. I'm not asking about synchronizing, saving, or any other issues you brought up. My question is how do I open files in editable form i.e. how to I get out of the read-only lock????
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: I'm using word 2013 on my pc
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that I know of. But on my galaxy I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the free word app. In the past I have been able to open docs and edit. But now, for whatever reason they all open as read only.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: You mean I'm not connected?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am confused as to 'not understanding your question'? Did you have another question that you opened and was talking

to someone already? Or are you referring to the questions by the automation you were answering to make the question, 'pearl'?

Pearl is not a human. Your experts (like me) are.

To continue; please tell me the exact model of your galaxy/phone ? And what free version of word did you use?