Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

Previously, I had Microsoft Office Professional 2010

Customer Question

Greetings:
Previously, I had Microsoft Office Professional 2010 installed on my laptop Thinkpad T500 which broke because the laptop's internal fan quit. With an external fan attached to the broken laptop's fan's exhaust port and while attached to the internet, I uninstalled my copy of Micosoft Office Pro 2010 and then later reinstalled it on my newer used replacement Thinkpad T530. Now, I get a message on the my Thinkpad T530 installation of Microsoft office Pro 2010 that my product key is no longer valid. I am NOT a happy customer!!!
:-( Rex
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

Where did you originally purchase Office, do you have the product key for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought it off the the internet from smprotrade on ebay. It was a brand new retail package in shrink wrap with the product key inside the plastic box. It is possible that after re-installing it on my replacement Thinkpad T530 laptop, I forgot to activate it within the prescribed 30 days. I have computer systems to work with besides this laptop.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nevermind, I just remembered that when I upgraded the original 160GB hard drive (a year or so ago) on my now broken Thinkpad T500 to a 320GB hard drive, there is still an installation of Microsoft Office Pro 2010 on the old 160GB hard drive. Ergo, I need to install that 160GB hard drive back in the broken Thinkpad T500 and then crank it up long enough to uninstall Microsoft Office Pro 2010, while connected to the internet. Grrr! Microsoft is too damn thorough!
If that doesn't work, I might be back to you or might buy another version of Microsoft Office. Thanks anyway. :-) Rex
Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

ok sounds good, let me know

Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating using the stars at the top.