NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a created a passthrough query that creates a result

Customer Question

Good Morning!
I have a created a passthrough query that creates a result table in MS Access. This process is repeated on independent MS Access db to unique source db2 environments.
The goal is to start all runs to retrieve the data. If each run takes 2 minutes to run, running in parallel on 20 sources could save 38 minutes!
The process are started from a .cmd file:
start db1.accdb /x macro1
start db2.accdb /x macro2
.
.
.
start db20.accdb /x macro20
At first I thought success was achieved. The processes all started and stopped gracefully. For verification, a timestamp column was added to the result set. The result was that some of the processes were not updated and there was no indication of an issue.
The only solution was to run the processes serially with each run kicking off the next one.
Please tell me there are some options to get access to run concurrently in this configuration.
Doran
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.