NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I keep getting the error message, "Word could not create the

Customer Question

I keep getting the error message, "Word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space on your startup disk." I'm on a MacBook Air using Word for Mac 2011. What should I do?
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: Not every time I open a document, but every few days.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Updated software.
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What version of Mac are you using?

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer not to do remote access now. Let's resolve this without that process.