NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a formula in a cell: =INDEX('BASE DE

Customer Question

Hi, I have a formula in a cell :
=INDEX('BASE DE DONNEES'!$A:$AJ;EQUIV($F$6;'BASE DE DONNEES'!$A:$A;0);EQUIV(F22;'BASE DE DONNEES'!$5:$5;0)).
This extracts the content of the selected cell in a matrix.
up to there : ok
The problem is that I cannot keep the formats of that cell (text in red,underligned , bold characters etc...)
Could you help?
Thx so much as I do not sleep anymore.....:-)
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The formatting of a cell cannot be 'kept', unless one applies either fixed formatting or conditional formatting to the 'destination' cell, that is the same formatting or conditional formatting as the original cell.

At least, not in a formula.

A VB or VBA programmed function could set the formatting of a 'destination' cell to be the same as that of an original cell, yes.

At least, that's my opinion.

Would any of the means I mentioned be OK for the usage you need instructions on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok Russell,That's what I feared...
Too bad for me.
Cab I set a macro that will make the job after the selection is done by the formula?

Do you mean, a macro that will set the formatting on the cell where the formula is ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
because this cell is part of an automatic report sent to customers, and we want tyo keep the format of the original text extracted by the formula

Would the formatting of the cell vary according to the result of the formula, or the value in the cell produced by the formula, or anything like that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
with the result of the formula.
If I write in a cell using bold characters , I may write with not bold and red Characters in italics in another one.
This is done to personalize the diagnosis reports

OK, I admit that I don't know how to make a macro work to produce a conditional result.

And I'm not skilled enough at VB / VBA scripting to write such a script for you.

So I judge it best to Opt Out, having elicited some of the details of what you need. This opens the case to other Experts.

Expert:  Suryanto replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

I am Suryanto and I can write the macro for you

Can you send me a copy of your file (please remove sensitive data)
You can attach the sample file using the paper clip icon in the reply box.

Thank you

Suryanto