NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need some help with a spreadsheet i'm trying to create

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I take a look at the document so that I can fix it for you? Along with the fix, I will give you the instructions that I followed to resolve the problem.

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've tried uploadng to that site, but it's not letting me. Is there another site (i guess like dropbox) that i could send it to for you? or email?
Thanks, Rose

Hello Rose,

Please, upload the file to this page instead and give me the resulting download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
http://www.megafileupload.com/bt62/LQ_database.xlsx
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I've managed to upload it successfully - i really am quite basic with using computers... fingers crossed it's worked!

Thank you. I have the document. Please, explain what you need this document to do. Your description from earlier doesn't match this document. There is no drop down list in Sheet 1:B2.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, B3
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to be able to put all the variable components for the shower systems that we sell into a spread sheet and somehow have a list of components to dispatch generated from the selections made on sheet 1

ok.

So, which values on Sheet 1 do you want to come up when you make the choice?

B4, C5,C6, B9:B11, B14:B16? Is this correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
using the "Barcelona" (sheet2, A 6) as an example, I would like that when someone selects "Barcelona" from the drop down list (sheet 1, B3) it then gives you the option in sheet1 B4 to select the drain position (from the options in sheet2 E6:G6).
Then when, say, you select "Back" in sheet1 B4, cell B16 (sheet 1) comes up with the correct product code....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the cells you have said above are the ones i'm after

Thank you.

Ok. So, in Sheet 1, I will choose Barcelona in B3, then it will populate another combobox in B4 for the drain positions. After this, you lose me. I will ask one more time before I opt out and allow another person to continue. I am leaving for the day in about 30 minutes. Please, walk me through the WHOLE PROCESS. Which values are chosen in which cells, etc, etc. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I haven't put all the data for all the options into sheet 2 yet. Is it possible to guide me up to the drain position selection point, then I can complete putting all the rest of the data into sheet2 and come back to you for further advise?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry, for the muck around...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm in New Zealand so it probably could work well if I enter all the information in today then you look at it again tomorrow or the next day?

That will work. You may come back here and continue when the sheet is complete. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, thanks! chat again soon :)

Thank you.