Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation

Having difficulty changing name in MS Track Changes.

Customer Question

having difficulty changing name in MS Track Changes. Followed instructions and did not work
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: need to
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I want my "name" to be "Editor" on documents that I edit in Track Chnages
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Changes
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Let me know if this resolves your problem

1. On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the arrow next to Track Changes, and then click Change User Name.

2. Click Popular.

3. Under Personalize your copy of Office, change the name or initials that you want to use in your own comments.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have a Review Tab. Older version of Word

Word 2003 or 2007 ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
word for mac 2008. it says copyright 2007

Look under Preferences > User Information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried that

Choose Tools→Track Changes→Highlight Changes. In the Highlight Changes dialog that appears, select the Track Changes While Editing check box.

The Highlight Changes dialog has two additional check boxes: Highlight Changes on Screen and Highlight Changes in Printed Documents. Select them if you want to see the changes in color on your screen or when you print.

Click the Options button in the Highlight Changes dialog to open the Track Changes Preference pane and change the colors used and the types of changes that will be flagged.

This step is optional.

Click OK when you’re done to close the Highlight Changes dialog.

To see the comments in the little balloons in the right margin of the document, you need to be in either Print Layout or Web Layout view. You’ll still see the changes in the document in Draft view, but you won’t see the balloons or the additional information they offer (Deleted or Comment, for example, and the name of the reviser, date, and time).

Accept or reject changes as necessary.

Choose Tools→Track Changes→Accept or Reject Changes to open the Accept or Reject Changes dialog. This dialog allows you to review the changes and accept or reject them either individually or all at one time.

Please provide your rating to me if this resolved your query. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.