Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Office expert
50836188

I am locked out of editing my website that has been created

Customer Question

Hi there, I am locked out of editing my website that has been created using Microsoft Front page 2003. I believe it has something to do with the password ***** been changed/lost.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi!

You can change your FrontPage administrator username name and passwords without reinstalling the extensions by opening the site live in FrontPage.

* In FrontPage, close any webs that may be open. Then select the File menu and choose Open Site. Open web address http://domain.com (substitute your domain name.)

* Select the Tools menu and choose server... Administration.

* Click Manage Users then add a new user with the new username and new password ***** your choosing. Select the role of Administrator for the new user.

* Select and delete the old administrator user then close the browser and close FrontPage.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I go to Open Site, and type in the domain http://swsmaterials.com/ and hit open, the same prompt comes up, saying connect to swsmaterials.com and it has the old user name pop up and is asking for the pass word. I am stuck here.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Who is the provider for your domain?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The registrar is Go Daddy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would you be willing to try and work this out over the phone? Could I call you or could you call me at our office?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

You will need to call GoDaddy on the phone at 1-***-***-**** since they are the ones who can reset your information for you.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.