NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

How do I sort files in file explore by sent to

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Which mail program are you using, outlook? If so which version?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Edge
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Ok so you are using the edge browser and want to sort your email by "sent to" is that correct? If so let me know who your email provider is.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Firebird
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thunderbird
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, so you are using thunderbird for email correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I
Have saved Thunderbird files and I want to sort I want to sort them by by the receiver by saved
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

So you do not mean in the actual thunderbird program correct? You mean you have thunderbird data files and you wish to sort them in a windows folder by who you sent email to?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

If you are talking about sorting the mail in thunderbird you just need to click on your sent mail folder and then click recipient up at the top and it will sort them by who you sent them to.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have shaved Thunderbird files in Windows 10 I am trying to sort those files x the person that received the MBE mail I have a bunch of emails that need to be sorted and I need to sort by Reese who received them
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to view the emails in thunderbird? Do you even have thunderbird on the computer? If not you would need to install it and view the mail that way. If you just have the files from an old thunderbird account you can't sort the emails, they need to be sorted in the thunderbird program. Let me know if I am not understanding you correctly but it sounds like you are just talking about the thunderbird folders but not in the actual thunderbird program.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have Thunderbird program downloaded that is not the problem I have shaved Thunderbird files I am trying to use File Explorer to sort and organize the files therefore I need to know how to ask if any if Windows 10 file explorer allows me to sort by who received the files I can see who sent them sent the files but I cannot sort by who received the files in Internet File Explorer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Windows explorer cannot sort the email by recipient. You would need to open the files with thunderbird in order to sort them that way.

The reason is because windows explorer cannot read the mail, thunderbird can. Windows explorer will only be able to sort by date, name, type, size, etc... but it cannot sort by the actual mail contents.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but there was no help from you it was not your fault just bad design by Microsoft I'm going to cancel the cost I'm going to tell my credit card company not to pay bad system
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

I understand, I think what you are wanting to do is just not possible. As I said if you need to sort email that was in thunderbird by recipient you need to open the mail in thunderbird. Windows does not have the ability to do that unfortunately. This site has a 100% satisfaction guarantee meaning if you did not get what you needed you do not have to pay. More information on that is here http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0