Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Back again sorry the inconvenience, got my security issues

Customer Question

Hey guys, back again sorry the inconvenience, got my security issues sorted. As i said earlier scanned my pc and right after the scan it automatically restarted itself and its now asking me for a password ***** i dont have coz ive never had to use a password ***** access my pc. im still using microsoft xp 2002, but it works like a charm. can you guys help access to my pc without having to reformat.Kagiso
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You are referring to the windows XP Sign on password *****?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi richard
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thanks

Power off the computer

Power it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu

Choose Safe Mode with command prompt

When you get to a black screen, type in

net user administrator /active:yes

Press enter

Then restart the computer and you should now see the administrator account with no password

Choose this, then go to control panel, user accounts and reset the password ***** your normal account

Then restart and try to sign into it

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks a lot Richard, will let know soon or tomorrow first thing in the morning. regards ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard, i followed ur instructions however after choosing the the command prompt, i selected the microsoft xp home edition which then took me to a black screen with safe mode by the four corners of the screen, then log me in poped up again. Do i enter the net user administrator/active:yes by the username or by the password? Then one should have spaces in between the the net user or just one word?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

you choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Richard, i followed your instructions to the letter, but the black screen still shows the password ***** and i tried to enter the info given but nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok... i think you mean you never got to a screen to type the commands?

If thats what you mean then you have to do the below

Save this file to your computer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip

After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.

The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."

After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.

Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.

This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok i think i want you to securely connect to my pc, but how are you going to do it coz my pc is back at home, and i cant access it? to be honest, i managed to get the safemode command prompt and to the black screen but the password ***** kept on popping up.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

No, I did not inficate that, as there is no point as you cant sign in....

I gave a list of instructions for you to do, can you do them? I just posted it to you before

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i try follow the instructions given. Yes you right u didn`t inficate what i wrote sorry about.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you,

Let me know how you go, iff you take your time and follow it, although it is a little tricky (hence the video) it will work