jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years experience in computer field.

I'm working on a mac and in word and i saved a document to

Customer Question

i'm working on a mac and in word and i saved a document to send to a colleague.. When i did that, I removed the last 20 pages so he could just see the first 6 i was working on. I didn't realize that now those pages after page 6 are gone.. anyway to get that older version back?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: macbook air
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: MSFT word for mac
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  jinsmn replied 3 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please try the following:

1. Open the document, then choose File > Revert To > Browse All Versions.

2. Click tick marks along the timeline to browse versions.

Display the version you want, then do one of the following:

• To restore your document to this version, click Restore.

• To duplicate this version in a new document, press the Option key and click “Restore a Copy.”

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is no File>Revert to
Expert:  jinsmn replied 3 months ago.

Which version of Mac you are using ?