NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

When i click on a column header like a, or c it does not

Customer Question

when i click on a column header like a , b or c it does not expamd to the width of what is in the column?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it Microsoft Excel?

Was it working fine previously?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
excel
yes it was working
xp

Do you have Microsoft Office / Word / Excel version 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

Can you please click on Start -> Control Panel -> System... and confirm it has windows XP?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows 7 pro

Thank you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
would rather not provide direct access
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the answer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
office

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions.

- What happens when you double-click on the bar next a header letter icon at the top of a column?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please walk me through fixes you can call ,y cell(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
written instruction when i click on the line between column nothing hsppens
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please send written instructions

Did you double-click on the line between the columns at the top per my previous suggestion (not single-click, but double-click)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i did no change

Did you double-click on the line between the column letters at the top, such as between letters A and B or between letters B and C, etc. (whatever the column you want to expand the width for)?

Do you know if you have Microsoft Office version 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2010
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you respond faster

I'm sorry; it takes time for me to test / troubleshoot and then to write all the instructions. If you'd like to change your mind, I can troubleshoot quickly via remote connection while you are watching (as I do not need to write the instructions). Otherwise, please wait for me to write instructions as we go on. Thank you,

In an excel spreadsheet, can you select all columns / rows, then click on the Home tab at the top, then click on Format option, then select option AutoFit Column Width and check?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
IT DOES EXPAND THE WIDTH BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS CLICKING ON THE LINES BETWEEN COLUMNS

Previously, were you able to do this by single-clicking on the lines between columns or double-clicking?

When did this issue first occur?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i was able
last few days dont know why

Previously, were you able to do this by single-clicking on the lines between columns or by double-clicking quickly on the lines between the columns?

Also, if you'd like phone call support, please accept the phone call offer. Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
good by

I'm sorry. Is there any issue? I've been helping you. Please reply at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,