NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I need to copy data from physical address fields in a table

Customer Question

I need to copy data from physical address fields in a table to mailing address fields in the same table if a checkbox is selected on a form. It seems like this would be very easy; however, I keep trying different things and nothing works.
When I click on the checkbox on my first record in the form, nothing gets updated. When I go to the second record on the form and select the checkbox, the first record in the table gets updated instead of the second record in the table. Also, I can’t get the updated records to show on the form when the checkbox is selected even though the new updated records get updated in the table.
Right now I have a macro attached to the On Click of the checkbox and the macro is supposed to run a SQL query.
My SQL query is:
UPDATE tblVenues
SET ContactMailingAddress = ContactPhysicalAddress, ContactMailingSuite = ContactPhysicalSuite, ContactMailingCity = ContactPhysicalCity, ContactMailingState = ContactPhysicalState, ContactMailingZip = ContactPhysicalZip, ContactMailingCountry = ContactPhysicalCountry
WHERE ContactMailingAddressSame = true;
My macro is:
Qry Name: qrySQLUpdateMailingAddresses
View Datasheet
Data Mode Edit
Stop Macro
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

I will look into it and get back to you.

Can you send copy of it to me ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I keep getting an unknown error message when I try to attach the file. I called the Support Department and they asked me to send an email to***@******.*** with the file attachment. I have also asked them to change my needs to high priority.

please send it to me on***@******.***