Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have a Samsung Note 4 - I use Office 365 on my Dell

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Note 4 - I use Office 365 on my Dell laptop- When I set appointments or meetings on my phone, they don't show up on my calendar on my laptop. When I set an appointment or meeting on my laptop they don't show up on my phone calendar. The same email accounts are set up in both devices and they used to sync and at some point in the past few weeks/months have stopped
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that the firewall on the Dell laptop may have cut off communication on the network port required for the syncing.

Or, perhaps, the syncing process has failed on the laptop.

(Why the laptop? I'm not sure... but the question could be settled more surely, if you look on the main account, the server side of the meetings or appointments, which is supposed to sync with the two local devices, and see whether the Note 4, or the Dell laptop's, changes are syncing with it.)

(Unless, of course, you set up syncing to go directly between the laptop and the Note 4... in which case the laptop is still a reasonable place to start.)

Let me know more about how the syncing is supposed to work, and I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you said: if you look on the main account, the server side of the meetings or appointments, which is supposed to sync with the two local devices, and see whether the Note 4, or the Dell laptop's, changes are syncing with it.)Can you help guide me through trying to figure this out, as I am not sure where to go -- I have windows 10- running office 365 - both I am new to

In order to give good instructions in detail, I will need to know, please:

1: what are you trying to sync? the Appointments, and the Calendar ? from Office 365 ?

2: where are you trying to sync them? to a server online? if so, what server, Google, Cloud, other?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Basically, I want my calendar to be consistent on both my laptop and phone. Since both devices have the same email ID configured and used to reflect the same tasks / meetings in the past, I don't know what settings changed for them to not be in sync.I don't know exactly when this changed. I got a new laptop and Office 365 and I suspect it changed when one of these two changes happened.Specifically, if I create a meeting / task on my phone or laptop, it doesn't show up on the other device.To answer your questions:
what are you trying to sync? the Appointments, and the Calendar ?
YesFrom Office 365?
Not sure if the problem is with the laptop or Office 365 or my phone. I want the same meetings tasks showing up on both devices regardless of where I create them like they used to before I got the new laptop and Office 365. Mind you, if I "receive" a meeting invite it shows up in both places. Only the invites I create show up only on the device I create them on.where are you trying to sync them? to a server online? if so, what server, Google, Cloud, other?
My laptop and cell phone.

OK, I see.

What Calendar app do you use? is it perhaps Google Calendar? or some other?