NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I'm having a problem rebuilding the database I get this

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm having a problem rebuilding the database I get this message: "Your Office database index is missing and needs to be rebuilt. This is usually caused by restoring an identity with Time Machine." After trying I get a "cannot rebuild (-18000) message.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It started yesterday after I transferred data from Time Machine having to a new Macbook Pro (last one stolen!)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't - I've just tried rebuilding using the utility.
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO, that's the problem in a nutshell.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What version of office are you currently using, 2008, 2011, 2016 ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2011 for Mac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it easier for you to connect directly to fix problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Yes, it definitely would be easier.. if you send the remote support request, Ill accept that offer and send the connection steps.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have clicked securely connect - but can't enter 'phone no. (to many numbers) . it's ***** ** **** ***
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dustin, are we connecting directly?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dustin, are you still there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Good morning.. I though It had already replied to this earlier today. I had sent the remote connection steps, but they may have been posted to another question due to a site error.

If and when you would like to reconnect, please send a reply here so I can send you the steps again.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Justin,
Yes, happy to move forward with this. However, the "securely connect" section requires a phone number that I cannot insert as spaces only exist for a specific number of numbers.
Regards, Martin.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon.. It was 232 am when you replied ( local time ) so Ive just signed in for the day and seen your message.

You dont have to i nclude a phone number for the secure remote assistance, you can leave t hat area blank. Im sending the remote support offer to you, all you should have to do is click it and accept it. And then I will send you t he connection steps and help you get through them.

At that point, I will connect and work on manually rebuilding your database so it will work properly.

Dustin S