NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I deleted an Excel Spreadsheet instead of opening it. Can I

Customer Question

I deleted an Excel Spreadsheet instead of opening it. Can I recover?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: Inspiron 11 3000 Series and installed Windows 10 but my computer doesn't even have my Mailbox on it yet as I was sole caregiver of my husband until he passed on June 1st, so with today's mistake I guess I'm still not ready to spend time making things right.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What email service are you using? Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo Mail? or others?

Also, how do you access your email? Using a web browser like Internet Explorer? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can it be recovered? Right now I use my iPad because my computer is a mess since I installed Windows 10 and have not had time to spend getting it right. The spreadsheet had all my banking transactions since 12/1/15 and now I am lost. So I just want to know if it can be recovered.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Did you delete the spreadsheet on your ipad or on the PC? Was it an attachment to an email message?

If it was just a file, not an attachment, then you need external tool to recover the deleted file.

If it was an attachment to an email and you deleted the email including the attachment, then you can go to the Trash folder and restore the email.

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess