NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Publisher often changes individual characters in a document

Customer Question

Publisher often changes individual characters in a document when opening the document again or saving as a new document to edit and update a previous file. For example, the title line on a document was "2015 ASSA Awards Applications." I saved the document to update to 2016. When changing 2015 to 2016, the "6" was not recognized and turned into a box character. The title line is Arial Bold 14. If I delete the bold face, the "6" is recognized. This has happened many times in different Publisher files. It is random for documents and for fonts and commands. I've never been able to fix this and often have to resort to changing font style. I've never had this happen in Word. It is extremely frustrating, especially when I have numerous Publisher files that I need to update from year to year and don't want to have to recreate them. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason