NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Thanks me with this macros. I know I'm going to be doing

Customer Question

Hi Eric,Thanks for helping me with this macros. I know I'm going to be doing this task over and over, and this will be incredibly helpful. I'm back because I found a small bug I hope you can help me with. When I run the macros with numbering, numbering that was added (underlines) works great. However, numbering that was deleted (strikethroughs) seem to reset themselves each time. For example, it will have strikethrough 1, 2, 3, but when I run the macros they show as 1, 1, 1... Is that an easy fix?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Yikes! I'll look into that. I've been under the weather today, so I apologize for being so delayed in responding. Debugging this will take me a bit, but I'll return here with some updated code as soon as I figure out why that's happening.

Thanks for bearing with me!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No worries; thanks for your help
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm wondering if this is the problem: as the program goes line by line, it turns the number into text. But since the following numbers are automatic, they restart at 1. So 1,2,3 completes the first line, and it becomes 1,1,2. When it completes the second line, it's 1,1,1. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

It appears that Eric has opted out of the question. Would you like me to take a look at the macro?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'd love any help I can get. Thanks for responding. Here's the macros as it's written:Sub Blackliner()
'
' Converts tracked revisions in the active document into "type and Strike " format."
' It removes all tracked revisions.
'
' written by Chip Orange.
'ActiveDocument.Range.ListFormat.ConvertNumbersToTextDim chgAdd As Word.Revision' disable tracked revisions.
If ActiveDocument.Revisions.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "There are no revisions in this document", vbOKOnly
Else
ActiveDocument.TrackRevisions = FalseFor Each chgAdd In ActiveDocument.Revisions
If chgAdd.Type = wdRevisionDelete Then
' It's a deletion, so make it strike through and then reject the change (so the text isn't lost).
chgAdd.Range.Font.StrikeThrough = True
chgAdd.Reject
ElseIf chgAdd.Type = wdRevisionInsert Then
' It's an addition, so underline it.
chgAdd.Range.Font.Underline = wdUnderlineSingle
chgAdd.Accept
Else
MsgBox ("Unexpected Change Type Found"), vbOKOnly + vbCritical
chgAdd.Range.Select ' move insertion point
End IfNext chgAdd
End IfEnd Sub
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The goal of the macros is to take a document that has tracked changes, including numbering changes, and "flatten" it into pure text. This works great for existing numbers and added numbers, but seems to reset the numbering for strike through numbers.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

Ok. Would you be able to send me a copy of the spreadsheet and a sample Word document with changes that are being tracked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No spreadsheet, but here's the word document.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

Ok. I'll take a look and let you know what I find.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, but I am going to have to opt out as well. Hopefully another Word Expert will be able to help out since the macro and docx file are listed in this chat. Good luck.