Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I scanned a spreadsheet and I need to pull it into Excel and

Customer Question

I scanned a spreadsheet and I need to pull it into Excel and add the rows and columns.
When I saved the document after I scanned it, I opened it in Excel and I can't remember how to go about the Text Import Wizard. Can you help me?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The text import you use via the Data tab, in the Get External Data group, click From Text. Then, in the Import Text File dialog box, double-click the text file that you want to import.

You then follow the onscreen steps to do this

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How to convert my scanned off file into excel so I can make changes
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

did you see my last message Suzanne?

I repeated it below

The text import you use via the Data tab, in the Get External Data group, click From Text. Then, in the Import Text File dialog box, double-click the text file that you want to import.You then follow the onscreen steps to do thisIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the Data tab? I don't see if when I have PDF file open.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It is in Excel Suzanne.

It is there you do the instructions, within Excel as this is where you are importing into.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.