NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need to get an excel spreadsheet to show several different

Customer Question

Hi, I need to get an excel spreadsheet to show several different 401(k) matching formulas. The spreadsheet breaks out the employee deferral into the plan and then shows the employer match based on the amount the employee is contributing. I need to show the totals for each matching amount and then show the difference between the current matching formula and the hypothetical new matching formula. In some cases, employees are not contributing enough to receive the full match, so the formula needs to reflect that. In addition, some employees are saving at a rate higher than the annual maximum so the formula needs to have a maximum contribution level even if the formula would show the employee getting a higher amount. Thanks for your help.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the spreadsheet started at all and just need help defining the formulas? Or is this from scratch?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have it pretty far along. But can't quite pull it all together with the formulas.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Can you send me the spreadsheet (use the paperclip icon above this text box)? And what operating system and spreadsheet app are you using?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am in excel 2010. I am concerned about privacy if I send the spreadsheet. Not sure this is a good idea since I'm doing this for a client.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Would you be able to fill in fake data and just leave the formulas intact? I completely understand where you're coming from. If the fake data is okay with you, then we can go that route. Or, if you have another idea in mind?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Oh, and I do have 2010 installed on one of my machines so that will be fine. Are you using it on Windows 7?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am going to see if a resource through work pans out tomorrow and if not I will reach back out tomorrow. Will you be available or will I need to talk to someone else? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

I should also mention that I've been with JustAnswer for over 5 years now and have never had a complaint saying that I used their idea, code, or data and have done probably over 100 spreadsheet related solves in that time.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

I can keep this question open. As long as I see that you've replied before my time to respond runs out, then you should be able to get right back to me. Just reply through this same question. Or, you can always request me specifically if this question gets closed for some reason.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK sounds good. Thanks again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

No problem at all. Good luck with it. And maybe I'll talk to you tomorrow. :)