NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am working on a project involving research grants and

Customer Question

I am working on a project involving research grants and publications associated with them. For each grant, I have the year in which the grant began, and for each publication, I have the year in which the publication was published. There are a total of 357 grants and 9,742 publications. (Each grant may have multiple publications).My question is this. I want to list the year in which the grant began with each of its publications. Is there a fast way I can do this, or do I really have to go publication by publication, manually enter the grant start-up year 9,742 times?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you working with this in MS Excel?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jess--This is the first time I have used your service. Do you work for Microsoft?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. So I believe you are done in the data entry phase and all you just want is to work on your data to produce the information you want.

Can you send me a sample of your file showing what you want to achieve so that I can directly work on the said sample file? By sample, I mean just few data to represent the whole bunch. If you have 357 data you can just send the 50 or 30 and I can work with that.

You can attach the sample file in your reply using the paper clip icon.

Or you can upload it to http://filesXpress.com then give me the short download link.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jess--I am going to have to leave right now--just got a call. Can I get back to you on Monday? Will my $5 deposit cover that?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Sure, we can resume on Monday then.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks--I will have more time to do this on Monday. Have a good weekend.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

And to you as well! Till Monday then :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just wanted to let you know that I figured out on my own how to solve my problem, using Sort and Autofill. A crude approach, but it worked. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. I am glad you solved it on your own.

If you need assistance in the future, just let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess