GeekGal, Microsoft Office Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting Microsoft Office products

When I e mail a publisher file to my secretary, or she to

Customer Question

When I e mail a publisher file to my secretary, or she to me, the formatting on the document, spacing, font size, font selection, change, seemingly at random/
She is using Publisher 2013, I have Office 365 Pro Plus.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I suspect that the problem is the difference in the version of the software that you are using. I would suggest that you when you save your documents, you choose "Save As" and choose Publisher 2000 Files. If you save it in this format it is more likely that your secretary will will be able to open it with the formatting preserved.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.