Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

All doc files turned FFV JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

all doc files turned FFV
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Microsoft Office Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: doc files turned to FFV why I do not know, nowcannot open
JA: Is there anything else the Microsoft Office Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any change recently to your computer that may have caused this issue?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please try the following fix:Solution #1:Open any folder that contain your .doc document filesThen right-click on one .doc file, then click on Properties.Then click on the Change button.Then click on the Microsoft Office / Word item.Then click OK, OK.Then you should be able to open all your .doc documents now.- Note: If you also have .docx file, then do the same steps above for one .docx file.Solution #2:- If that does not work, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window should open. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,