NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have recently downloaded Office 365 and now cannot

Customer Question

Hello. I have recently downloaded Office 365 and now cannot seem to open my old excel spreadsheets (1997-2003 editions). How can I get around this issue?
JA: I love the irony of this stuff being called a productivity tool, lol. I'll hook you up with the Microsoft Office Technician who will get you productive again. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks. If I try and open an existing spreadsheet, Excel 2016 opens but not the actual spreadsheet. It opens a blank excel screen, and even if I try opening from within the program it self, it still does not open the existing spreadsheets. Suspect this is a compatibility issue, but need to be able to fix as have some important information I need access
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Microsoft Office Technician should know?
Customer: I think that is all....at the moment, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.
Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.
Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.