Justin Williams
Justin Williams,
Experience:  Freelance IT Consultant at Westlake Computers LLC
93707858

I have Outlook on my PC and the Outlook app on my android phone

Customer Question

I have Outlook on my PC and the Outlook app on my android phone and tablet. They don't appear to sync completely. While all machines receive incoming email, and when I open mail on one machine it shows as open on other machines, but when I send mail from one (for example from phone) it doesn't appear in the Sent box on PC. Can this be fixed? Thank you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 9 months ago.
Hello. I can certainly help you with this. Can you start by telling me who your email is through? i.e. Yahoo.com, Att.net, GMail.com
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Justin - did you receive my reply to your question about my email provider?

No I did not, unfortunately.
Without that info, my best guess if that you are using POP3 mail which will not sync properly across devices. If that's the case, I need to know who your email provider is so that I can recommend a course of action.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I use Outlook for email on the PC, and an app called Blue Mail on the phone. The underlying email account is IMAP. Does that help?

Possibly. So your email address is @outlook.com ?
It doesn't matter if I know that you are using IMAP now. Please let me know what version of Outlook you are using on the PC.
Please make sure Outlook is set to save sent items in the proper IMAP folder.. See the instructions here for various versions of Outlook:http://www.msoutlook.info/question/486
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have Outlook 2016 - the instructions you provided only go through Outlook 2013 -- would the '16 procedure be the same as for '13?

Yes, it's normally the same procedure. See here: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/736 Any luck?