The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

I have been trying to create a formula to count a range with

Customer Question

I have been trying to create a formula to count a range with specific text but don't want that text counted if it has other text within the range. For exam:
(P-94USA-01SMCCHG-A (1) (35.00)),(P-SummaPrdNtc-01pc-USA (1) (0.00))
(P-94CAN-02SUMMA75-A (1) (70.00))
(P-94USA-01GZ2O20ozTRL-A (1) (35.00)),(P-94USA-01SMC75-A (1) (35.00)),(P-94USA-01FCS25-A (1) (54.97)),(P-94USA-01PRF25-A (1)(P-SummaPrdNtc-01pc
I want formula to count out of these four the TWO that has text: Summa or SMC, (first two lines)
I Don't want lines 3 & 4 because it also has either GZ2 or FCS in its text.
Can you help me please, I have tried so many combinations of countif and countifs and I give up!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 5 months ago.
you would need to use a helper column here is an example ---I will be away for the next few hours as I have an appointment, but will check later incase you had any further questions on this problem ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concernsPLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIMEIT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTIONTO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREENDo not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile ask a question right in my box,also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't see your example nor how you were of any HELP!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to get back to me with an answer?
i will attach the file again it was right above this post.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can't open to view, will try again later!
let me try a different file sharing site. also we may be experiencing a time zone difference. but the basic idea is that you will have a column Next to your original column, This column does the search and assigns a value if it finds something, then we will do the count on that column.
i want to make sure you were finally able to get the file that was posted on another sharing site