Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience

Dear Tech, would you please help me to stop these charges

Customer Question

Dear Tech,
would you please help me to stop these charges that is benign made on my credit card overtime I pull up Skype. My credit card is been charged when Skype pop up and I try to close the window. My credit card is in my microsoft account of Microsoft Office. Please help me to retrieve my money back. It charge 10.00 more than 3 times and 18.00 twice. My email address is ******************** and my home number is *** *** **** and *** *** ****. Please call me and help me retrieve my money back.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that the best thing you can do about these charges (regardless of who is making them) is to contact your bank or credit card issuer about them, with the details of each charge before you when you make the call. The bank or credit card issuer can get the charges reversed, hopefully, and your money restored. Being charged when you open Skype sounds odd. 1: if you don't use Skype at all, then go to your list of programs and Uninstall Skype in that case. 2: it may be that, if you do use Skype, you are being charged automatically as part of 'Auto-Recharge' in Skype Credit. If this feature is enabled, periodically when your balance with Skype Credit falls below a certain amount, your Skype Credit will be topped off with another charge. To stop this, Cancel Auto-Recharge: 3: or perhaps, each or any charge may be just plain fraudulent.If your card is a credit card, you are not liable for the transaction in any way. All major credit card companies have policies that protect you against this kind of fraud.If your card is a debit card, your financial institution is required to reimburse you for fraudulent transactions.In which case, contacting your bank or credit card issuer (as I recommended previously) is the right thing to do. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. And if you need any further advice, please let me know. Thanks.