NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I have used Outlook 2003 , and built a large list

Customer Question

I have used Outlook 2003 for years, and built a large list of user addresses. To address a new e-mail I simply entering the first initial of the person I was sending the e-mail to, and a drop down list of suggested persons appeared. Upon clicking on my choice, the address would automatically be entered on the message.
Then I upgraded to Windows 10, and this automatic method stopped working. I still have the list, but I can no longer get the selected person's address to transfer to the message I am sending. I have to manually enter the address. HELP!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcome RobertThis was referred to as autocomplete. It is irrespective of your contacts, it monitors the addresses you send to and updates the list to quickly match it the next time.It is possible the upgrade removed this list or the profile was renamed and we need to name it back, so we will checkPress the windows key + R and enter in%appdata%Press enterClick on Appdata in the address bar in the new windowThen click LocalThen MicrosoftThen OutlookTell me if you see multiple .nk2 file there, and right click it select properties and tell me how large it is. I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard