Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Experienced in Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
58597962

I have 5,200 cells (all in same column) in a spreadsheet that

Customer Question

i have 5,200 cells (all in same column) in a spreadsheet that i would like to transfer to another spreadsheet without changing the size of the destination column. how do i do that.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 7 months ago.
Select the column in the spreadsheet you want to copy. Copy the data (press Ctrl+c or on the home ribbon click copy). To paste, go to the spreadsheet where you want to paste the data and click the arrow below paste. Select "Paste Special". Select the radio button next to formulas. Click Ok. This pastes all values and formulas without changing the formatting of the destination cells. You could also select "Formulas and number formats" if you have decimals specified, etc.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 7 months ago.
If you select "Values" it will paste any numbers or text, but for any formulas the formulas are replaced by the results when you paste, so the formulas do not transfer and therefore do not calculate.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 7 months ago.
Here are two screenshots. Let me know if you cannot find the option or it does not copy everything you want.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if this solved your problem or if you have questions. If you are still looking at it, there is no hurry.