Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

My computer locked and got a blue screen with an 800 number

Customer Question

My computer locked and got a blue screen with an 800 number to call safe PC solutions. Are the legitimate?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here:
Customer: So there is not problem letting them have access to my computer?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Microsoft Office Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I called the 800 number in the error report the said they where Microsoft certified technicians and could clean my computer for $199. And could access my computer remotely. I am worried this might be a scam.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Microsoft Office Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message. Do not call that number; do not follow any instructions from it.If you shut down / restart the computer, does that message still pop up or not?- If that does not work, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Does that message occur when you turn on the computer? Or does it occur when you open a particular program?What's your Internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.