caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer
Experience:  Office assisters to you
75835320

Everytime I open outlook a windows

Customer Question

Everytime I open outlook a windows security popup comes up asking for my password. The popup continues coming up after I provide my password. This started happening last week and its super annoying. I'm running windows 10 and Outlook 2013
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Microsoft Office Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Microsoft Office Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's it. Thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  caraleneK replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question todayThank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.To help you better i need to know if you use your machine on the domain with a exchange or a private machine. Waiting your feedback to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am using outlook 2013 (not a web based version) and it's connected through an exchange
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/rrtslogistics.com/
Thanks a lot for your feedback please go to you windows update window and look for the latest Office /outlook Update and un-instlal it reboot and test outlook for me just make sure outlook is close before you do this..
Or if you like i can log on to your machine and help you. Waiting your feedback
Do you have team view on your machine for me to log on?? If not please load it https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ it free software let me know when complete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you're not able to help me, please refund my money. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled windows. That didn't help. I've deleted credentials through the credentialing manager and that didn't help. I was hoping for a quick and easy fix - that's why I paid the money but this is turning into an all day affair.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I have teamviewer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my id is 360 673 006
Thanks for your feedback ... it only to remove a office update but if you done so and still have problem please do the following steps1. In outlook, click 'file' and enter advanced options2. Click send/receive3. Click 'edit'4. Click 'sharepoint'5. Remove tick in the box in "include Sharepoint list" at the top of the window.6. Click ok to save changes.Waiting your feedback
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is nothing that comes up with the word 'Sharepoint'
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't even get to the second step by using the first step.
Thanks do you always use a password ***** log on??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no advanced options under 'file'
ok let me log on to help you
password *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, that's why I'm on here.
ok have you always use a password ***** log on to your outlook??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
password ***** qwh941
test your mail
Open up Outlook 2013Go to the mail accounts settings (File - Account Settings - Account settings)On the Email tab edit all accounts listed piece by piece.When editing, open the Extra settings / special settings by clicking the button in the right bottomOn the Connection tab, click Proxy settings.Once there, uncheck the 3rd and 4th option (quick and slow networks to use HTTP connections, etc.). The rest leave it checked.Close it, save it, then hit OK and close Outlook. Log off. Log back in after 15 seconds. Start Outlook and test plz Waiting your feedback or a rating
Are you online to test this please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the connections tab in outlook?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THERE IS NO CONNECTIONS TAB OR ANYTHING THAT SAYS ANYTHING OUT PROXY SETTINGSWhen editing, open the Extra settings / special settings by clicking the button in the right bottomOn the Connection tab, click Proxy settings.Once there, uncheck the 3rd and 4th option (quick and slow networks to use HTTP connections, etc.). The rest leave it checked.Close it, save it, then hit OK and close Outlook. Log off. Log back in after 15 seconds. Start Outlook and test plz Waiting your feedback or a rating
The connection tab is missing sorry i see this know was on the phone.. please do this steps go File -> account settings ->account settings -> Edit.. (account) -> More settings... (button on the bottom) -> Advanced (tab) -> Untick "Download shared folders") close outlook reopen
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
same issue...
Please close outlook - Press Windows+X, and choose Command Prompt in the menu. Type regedit in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.Registry Editor, locate and then click the followingHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange1. On the Edit menu, point to New, then select DWORD Value.2. Type MapiHttpDisabled as the name of the DWORD Value, and then press Enter.3. Right-click MapiHttpDisabled, and then click Modify.4. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.Save the settings close Registry Editor and reopen outlook. Also untick the use cached exchange mode. Waiting your feedback
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I couldn't find this part (\Software\Microsoft\Exchange) I was able to pull up HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
Go to ok HKEY_CURRENT_USER look under it for Software\Microsoft\Exchange Also untick use cached exchange mode. and see if the password ***** disappears
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Alsountick?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Under Exchange - there is an Exchange Provider sub folder and a Forms Registry folder. If I click on the Exchange Provider, there is another folder that comes up with OABs and then another subfolder called 566937f6-ca8c-467f-971e-1d82c96d84b4
You have to add it in this one Software\Microsoft\Exchange Also have you untick cached exchange mode and test it??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, that didn't work. No offense but I thought you knew what you were doing especially given your title of 'Office Engineer'. I can google how to troubleshoot and fix issues just like you. For a paid service, I was hoping your level of experience would be vastly greater than mine and you could resolve my issue in a timely manner. I spent a considerable amount of time on my own trying to fix the problem and then a considerable amount of time with you this afternoon accomplishing nothing. Both of us clearly don't know how to resolve the issue. If you can refund my money, that would be great.
Thanks for you feedback I have 13 year of experience but see new bug and problem daily these things we deal with take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. But I will request a refund for you good luck