NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I purchased Microsoft Office new laptop w windows 10.

Customer Question

I purchased Microsoft Office for my new laptop w windows 10. It installed about 4/5's and never moved on. My menu says I have Word, etc., but if I try to open it, I get an error message that says the program is busy.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Reva! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.Let's try to remove the borked installation of Office currently on your computer first. To do that, Microsoft has created a handy tool that you'll find here: that file has downloaded, go ahead and run it. It should remove all versions of Office currently installed on your computer.After that is completed, we'll need to (of course!) reinstall Office. To do that, navigate to and sign in with your Microsoft Account. Once you do, you'll see a link to install Office near the top-right corner of the page (I'll attach a screen shot of what to look for).I *think* that will take care of the problem for you! Please let me know either way, and we'll continue troubleshooting, if needed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
If you'd rather not do a remote connection, I can help you here. Do you know what Operating System you are running? If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch. For Windows Can you click this link and tell me what on that web page it tells you please Can you click this link and tell me what on that web page it tells you please For MAC From the Apple () menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
I am SO sorry. Wrong window, not sure how that happened. Please ignore..