Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I JUST SAVED A WORD DOCUMENT ON MY MAC OVER AN OLD DOCUMENT.

Customer Question

I JUST SAVED A WORD DOCUMENT ON MY MAC OVER AN OLD DOCUMENT. I WOULD LIKE TO RECOVER THE OLD VERSION, CAN I?
JA: I love the irony of this stuff being called a productivity tool, lol. I'll hook you up with the Microsoft Office Technician who will get you productive again. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I SAVED AN UPDATED WORD DOC ON MY MAC. CAN I RECOVER MY OLD DOC?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Microsoft Office Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I DONT THINK SO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Microsoft Office Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Do you know if you have the "Time Machine" application setup or not?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I DO NOT KNOW
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I AM DOING THIS ON MY IPAD THE DOC IS ON MY MAC
Okay. I can give you the instructions to follow on your Mac to begin the remote.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
K
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TIME MACHINE IS OFF ... I JSUT LOOKED
In that case, there is not much else that can be done.Once you overwrite the file, it overwrites it for good.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THANKS
You are welcome, but I am sorry. I wish there was more that could be done.If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do backup my Mac to the iCloud but it doesn't appear to backup word docs
I am sorry to hear that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I set it up to do that?
If you wish, I can remote into your system and set that up for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just tell me\
You can save it rather simply from within Word. Click File > Save As, choose the iCloud drive and save it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How about if I want to save all existing files to iCloud versus just new ones.
You can copy the files on the computer, go to the iCloud folder, and paste them there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay remote my Mac ....
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 51 and click the circle button to start the remote application.(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Downloaded... Remote help from you..... Contents has numerous things ... What open?
Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
iCloud connected... Spinning wheel
I was connected, but lost connection. It looks like you ran the remote application twice. Please, close all the remote applications and try once more.
All you need to do is paste the files into that iCloud section in the window that I pulled up. I was disconnected. Do you need me to remote back in? If so, please run the remote again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No...I got it
Awesome. I am glad to hear that. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page. Thank you for doing that.If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"Thank you,Jason
The rating is done by choosing the number of stars to rate me on the top of this page and clicking the Submit button. Thank you again