Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

I need help with my password ***** link. When a user registers

Customer Question

I need help with my password ***** link. When a user registers they get a password ***** email to their inbox but the url is not generating. Also, when a user tries to click the Lost Password ***** and submits their email. The response email does not have a url to reset password
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Brian, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you hosting your site in Or self-hosted it in your preferred hosting company?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is hosted through GoDaddy
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that information.Is your site live now? If yes, can you please give me the URL so that I can check it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The domain is 4golfmajors.comTry Registering, check your email with the response email that you receive. There used to be a link to change your password ***** it is no longer sending. Also, when you click on forgot password, the email it sends is missing the link
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that information. Yes, I will try the registration process and see the problem you mentioned.Can you please tell me, what changes did you make to your site recently? Did you update Wordpress? Or did you update your theme or modules/plugins?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Brian,If you have updated something from your site, your theme or plugins, I believe it was causing the problem. It is also possible that the cached data of your site caused this.I just tried and the registration and reset process is working now. I was able to get a reset link when I tried the reset, and I was able to reset the password ***** regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Brian,Your website is now working fine -- the registration and reset procedures are back to normal.I believe the issue was with the site cache. After that was cleared, the problem was resolved. It could also be due to updates or the lack of it, in terms of plugins / add-ons / modules or themes.It is now working from my end, I have done the reset process few times and all has been working normally. Here is my screen shot of the reset email: hope I was able to help.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess