Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

Need Visual Data Manager Add-in menu, Visual

Customer Question

Need Visual Data Manager Add-in for Developers menu, Visual Basic, inside of Excel.
Found visdata, it is not the same for some reason, it can only export to Excel.
This one I am after will build inside of Excel, easy. How to get that tab under Add-in, please?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
A built version of VisData is used as an add-in accessible from the Add-Ins menu. In the Professional and Enterprise editions the source code for VisData is available in the samples directory. VisData is accessed by choosing the Visual Data Manager command on the Add-Ins menu.
Visdata is the visual data manager add in.
But it is an odbc data add in, not excel.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
"In the Professional and Enterprise editions the source code for VisData is available in the samples directory. VisData is accessed by choosing the Visual Data Manager command on the Add-Ins menu." ODBC data add-in, not Excel. My question was how to get that on my tab inside of Excel (Developers, Visual Basic). I understand you say I would have to buy Professional/Enterprise edition of the MS package. Is that right? You also say it is an ODBC data add-in and that then gives me the impression I can acquire just this add-in, which is more what I was thinking. In this case, I asked for the steps to have the tab available on my menu. Can you complete the answer, please?
It sounds like you are looking for something other than VisData. VisData will only work in Visual Studio. It is not an add-in for Excel - that is what I meant to express to you. Is it possible that you are looking for the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel?