Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I cannot print in Microsoft Office Word 2007 nor get printing

Customer Question

I cannot print in Microsoft Office Word 2007 nor get printing in black for certain emails. Word says the printer (HP All in One C410A series) is idle and when one clicks on FIND PRINTER , it says THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY DOMAIN SERVICES IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. However, I can print with my printer out from websies such ass sadlier-oxford.com. Please advise me how I maay print in Word.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I explained in details. If I reiterate it would be the same info except for the following. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit system) operating system. Microsoft intalled new drivers , reinstalled Office, etc. to no avail in the last 2 days or so. In fact Microsoft worked on the problem today and could no fix it and said MS believes it is a printer problem. I disagreed. I was not installing a new operating system,etc. Just on last Friday after typing in Word the printer said IDLE and said THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY DOMAIN SERVICES IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLe and the problem with prining email received also arose. I do not know whether I can print out email to send.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not want the secure access. Please provide another option.
How is the printer connected to your system? (USB, Network, or wifi)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My printer is connected to my computer by wireless. I do not know if this means that it is connected by wifi. I definitely know, though, that it is a wireless connection as Microsoft told me and as in the system.
It sounds like you have done all the typical things to fix the computer (uninstalling & reinstalling printer). Without seeing the problem in action, it makes it a bit more difficult for me to analyze the problem. If it is okay, I will go ahead and opt out of the question and allow someone else to help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I pressed SEND in the red box on the bottom right of the box in which I typed. I hope that I did the right thing so that you received the answer of how my printer is connected to my system.You may opt out of the question and allow someone else to help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my apologies for the delay in someone responding to you. The previous expert never actually opted out, so this question didnt return to the pool. Did you still need help with this issue?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still need help with this issue. AS you can clearly see above, Justin, ***** ***** said that he would opt out of the question, and I affirmed that he should do so. If he has not yet officially opted out, the personnel at JUST Answer shoul see that he does so so that I can at least receive some type of resolution to my question. Once I cleaned my printhead, I was able to print out in my email and print out from websites. However, in the Microsoft Word the printer status still says IDLE, and when one selects FIND PRINTER the message says: The ACTIVE DOMAIN SERVICES IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. Neither you nor Jason have even given me an explanation of what the active domain services are.Also, I have not been given a possible explanation of why the printer says it is in IDLE mode. These items are the crux of the problem. Please have Mr. ***** ***** opt out so that I can get some sort of answer to my problem. I do not want remote access of my computer to be in effect.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Now that Ive picked up the question, as soon as I am on shift you will have my help and assistance. Ive just started my shift for today. lets try some repairs to office and word, as it seems that its only office programs like word that are still having an issue with your printer. lets have a look at this page first and follow its suggestion to run the office diagnostics. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Diagnose-and-repair-crashing-Office-programs-by-using-Office-Diagnostics-79DA9853-439C-47FE-826D-EF678D3F726E?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1 While that diagnostic is running, you asked what the active domain services are.. I think whats more important is why is office giving you that error when you try to add the printer. Office doesnt recognize you have a printer installed, and it seems when you go to add printer its looking for a network connected printer and it isnt seeing the network its looking for the printer on.. ( the active domain services ) So you get the error.. If the above diagnostic doesnt fix the issue, then lets try going to your devices and printers window, right clicking your printer, and then clicking troublshoot. If it finds any errors it cannot fix, let me know what they are. Then, try to access word and print again.. if it still gives the same error.. Lets try this. Open the notepad.exe app. Inside, click file, print, and then add the printer from notepads print menu.Once you have added the printer in notepad. Close word and reopen it and try to print from word, can you? If you still cant print, we may need to trash the appdata folders for office and word. And remove the broken registry keys. This full removal of office 2007 should fix the issue if none of the above did. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928218 Just remember that before you go through t he above full and complete removal process, make sure you have the product key and the cd or a working download in order to reinstall office. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you read my reply. Did you still need help? Is everything working now? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.