Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Want to build a decision tree in Access JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question

Want to build a decision tree in Access
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is Dean. I have 30 questions each of which will have a subset of questions to arrive at an answer (there will be 6 possible answers). Some of the 30 may have 2-3 questions and other may have 8 or 10.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Microsoft Office Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
And the questions asked will very conditional, yes/no answers only. And the decision tree will also require the person to select one or more jurisdictions from a list that could apply, for example, the property may be used in Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta. Or in some cases, simply one, i.e., Alberta. This step could be placed in between the 3rd and 10th step possibly, depending on the answers provided.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would advise you to first construct a flow-chart, more or less, of what the decision tree will be. Then in Access, use the TreeView Control to build up the decision tree. That's the basics of the task. Do you need instruction on how to use the TreeView Control ?