NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

My name is ***** *****. I have a newly installed Hyper-V

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a newly installed Hyper-V production server running 2012R2 and is an Exchange 2010 server that was working fine until last night. I now have "Failed to start listening errors 10049 and the server will not browse the network after a few minutes of uptime. Users who have had their mailboxes moved to this new server cannot get their mail.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Microsoft Office Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

The server has Internet access briefly and then stops and there is not Internet access at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The VM comes up and can browse the network for a few minutes and other computers on the network can see the server. After that the workstations can no longer see the shares or connect to Exchange. The server can no longer see the workstations or connect to the Internet.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Can you ping the gateway on the server?

Anything else installed besides Exchange? DNS, DHCP, ADUC?

Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

In the Hyper V settings for the Exchange server, can you remove the network card and then add in a new one?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cannot ping the gateway from the server. Just Exchange installed. I did try to remove and add a new NIC to the VM. Even tried installing two.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I take that back. I can ping the gateway and other workstations. Both IP and DNS names.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

You have another 2012R2 server on the network?

Export below 2 registry entries on a working 2012 R2 server. (right click on the folder --> export)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2

then move the 2 exported registry files to the Exchange server and double click on them to import.

Then open a command prompt and run netsh winsock reset followed by a restart

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good try! Now when browsing stops I don't even get the local computer info in Windows Explorer. Just This PC appears.
Expert:  Cody replied 8 months ago.

Can you ping gateway now still?