Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

As we all know, Microsoft office sucks big dead donkey

Customer Question

As we all know, Microsoft office sucks big dead donkey dicks. But, it's what we are stuck with.
Attached is a screen shot of what I am dealing with. I have a document and the envelope.
I DON'T want the document. I just want the envelope displayed as shown to use as a template to send out mail.
When I try to use the "normal" way (the print envelope box) to fill in and print an envelope I have problems lining up text, using fonts, cutting and pasting info. You know the normal stuff most people need to do with a word processor.
No matter what I try, I can NOT remove the document.
It would not be a problem except that because there is a document too, every time I go to print just the envelope, I have to select print preview, then select print current page. Otherwise it spits out the blank page where my envelope should be and I get NADA.
Question: How do you remove the "blank" document and leave only the envelope template,
Delete does not work. Splitting the page does not work. Page break only makes another document.
Is there no delete page option (like in adobe)?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What envelope template are you using? Or, did you click envelopes, and then click add to document?

Id suggest clicking file, new, Then in the search box type in envelope red design

And you should see the envelope red design template. Using that, will show just the envelope on screen. and it will be a template you can open and use again and again. There are of course other envelope templates you can choose from if you shorten your search to just envelope.

And honestly, publisher is a solid program included in the office 2013 suite , where you can print out envelopes with a bit more flair and style, if desired.

The short version. Youre better off using an envelope template, then the envelope button.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried the envelope red design template. No go. Shows me how to FOLD my own envelope, etc.
Tried multiple "templates" from what is offered, but (unless I want to send wedding invitations) the ones that have an actual normal envelope also pull up the matching letter with them. (Like the screen-shot I sent you)
Perhaps you can send a link that gets me to JUST the envelope template that I need.
(ie: an envelope template like I sent you but WITHOUT the document.)
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Ive sent an offer for remote support, that will allow me to connect to your computer from here and check the settings on your word program.. This is something I should be able to connect and work through in a short time frame.