NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

Having trouble with recently purchased office 2013,

Customer Question

Having trouble with recently purchased office 2013, specifically with Publisher. Documents created earlier, and in earlier versions such as 2007, will not readiy edit. only a lot of mindless clicking gets some results. But now, as I go to print. it won't. Instead I get "publisher can not complete the operation. I bought this legally , specifically wanting to use publisher, and have been aggravated ever since.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pages saved in Publisher will not allow proper editing and revising of text boxes. When I finally thought I got around that, it will now not let me print. instead I get a message as above.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Microsoft Office Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would rather you showed me what to do. The vendor fixed it for me that way once before but now says I'm CAUSING the problem.. It's obvious from all the comments I googled that I'm not the problem. I want guidance.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 7 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see that your name is Fiyaz. I don't see any answer to my question.

Pleas wait .. I am typing

I believe this issue is caused due to corrupted registry settings. Request you to reinstall MS Office and check for issue..

You can uninstall MS Office 2013 using the uninstaller tool which i will share.

Please let me know if you have MS Office 2013 Installation file and Product key to continue the process

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already told you that I don't want to do that. I did it once already with someone and now the problem is back and I just have to pay more and more without knowing what is happening. Tell me how to fix the problem.

Can you atleast create a temp Windows profile and check if that issue appear. This helps to confirm whether its a computer wide or just your profile issue

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tell me how to create a temp windows profile. I don't know what that is.
(BTW I bought my office 2013 on the web and received it from a download.I DO) have a product key. I don't know if the download info I was given will still wrk or not.)

can i start a remote session with your computer as it helps to analyse issue more better

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not for more money. You already have 37 and I don't have anything yet.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Going to lunch for 15 minutes. will return after. thanks.

Not for money..

Click Download Tool from below link and run it

Please let me know when you are back

Also run tool from below link

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
im back . i downloaded. it doesnt say run.

Sorry iam not able to find a fix for that reason i am opting out

One of my colleague will get you soon.

Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will respond tmorrow. I am in the USA, Eastern daylight time in New Jersey.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.

Okay, take your own time.